I confess I like books but as I have only managed to complete a small section (those adjacent to me) of the cataloguing at Librarything, so I found trying to recall all of those enjoyable reads a bit hard, still here goes:
A book meme (thingie) from HP
1. Name one book that changed your life: the Iliad
2. One book you’ve read more than once: most of the Flashman novels, again and again.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Capital (all volumes) by Herr Marx
4. One book that made you laugh: an Evil Cradling by Brian Keenan
5. One book that made you cry: The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
6. One book you wish you’d written: Borstal Boy by Brendan Behan
7. One book you wish had never been written: anything by David Irving. He’s such a despicable little shit.
8. One book you’re currently reading: several as is my habit, dipping in to Brothers Behan, Ben-Gurion & the Holocaust, Forgotten Millions and Nazi Germany & Neutral Europe (see the theme there!). Meaning to finish: Genocide and Rescue, by David Cesarani (Ed), started it ages ago, half way thru, a fairly small book but harrowing tale.
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: French Revolution by George Lefebvre
11. (additional question), make up the titles of two imaginary books: In all modesty by George Galloway and The Pleasures of Celibacy by Tommy Sheridan.