Thoughts On AV.
The discussion on the Alternative Vote scheme in Britain is stupefying, even for those with an interest in politics.
Whilst I wouldn’t dream of ever telling my UK readers how to vote, I did come across one gem on AV, by Waterloo Sunset.
I will paraphrase:
1. The vote on AV was a concession to the Lib Dems.
2. They have always been keen on voting reform and will swallow many of the unpalatable measures put forward by the Tories, for the sake of voting reform.
3. Should the Lib Dems not achieve voting reform then it increases the likelihood of the coalition breaking up.
4. If the coalition breaks up then probably there will be an election, and the Tories could lose.
5. So voting no to AV is one way of getting rid of the Lib Dem-Tory coalition.
A fine argument in my view.